Sunday 15 February 2015

Travel issues

Okay,Let me tell you one thing.I have a small issue, along with a lot of other ones. But heyy I am not perfect. Okay, I am an average human being. Wait, who am I kidding? I am kinda stupid sometimes.
I have an issue with  these foreigners roaming around in Bombay with nothing but one backpack.I mean how do they stuff everything in this one back-pack and travel around the world? I mean,how?

And as much as I love travelling, people with OCD,people who don't travel a lot and people who live in conservative South-Indian families feel a lot of pressure when they have to travel.And here after I am gonna say "us and "we" cause I know there are a lot of people like me so I am gonna say this for all of my people.*you're welcome*.

Be if for a couple of days or for a freaking week,We tend to carry the same amount of stuff,the last time I was travelling and I got left my house, my neighbours thought I was moving out or something. So,clearly we have a lot of baggage with us. And as girls,people tend to misjudge us that we are one of those who change clothes like every two hours. NO! uh-uh!Let me stop you right there.Let me tell you how it works.

I am going for a trip to the north,to the mountains,to see the snow. *be jealous* *I am delusional sometimes,sorry* .People are all like woohooo! woaaah! 10 days, fun,huh! no worries, such peaceful much wow. It is so pretty up there.Lucky you!And I am like stuck on this one difficult decisions,should I buy a new sweater or take the old one? Packing for a trip like this is a nightmare.

I love making lists,but this one day when I actually sat down with my people to make a list of things we need to take with us.I got exhausted and yelled "Are we gonna go and settle there?" Things like our own vanity,tissues,towels,pyjamas,pillow cases,bedsheets,so many pairs of lingerie,motion sickness meds,winter wear!And this is not even half of the list. The OCD part of the list covers the 3/4th of it.

And then,there's your mother asking which one of the travel bags you are gonna take,and do you have enough bras to carry? Do you want to go shopping to buy new stuff ? And a lot of other things which I can't say cause personal and gross. And your dad is asking you about the train details,who's who is coming on the trip,Give me their phone numbers,give me your professor's number.

I am not even making this up.He legitimately got a print out of the itinerary and me being the person going on the trip didn't even give it a second look.Who does this?


There is just so much pressure,and so much planning to be done for this one trip.
But truly It's always worth it.
And yes I am gonna enjoy every bit of it :)

P.S :I want to backpack and just go away someday,Not possible,but its on my bucketlist.

No comments:

Post a Comment